SAFE™ — Scientific Association of Forensic Examiners™ was formed to provide the highest quality education and training resources to forensic document examiners; to establish the highest standards in certification; and to promote the establishment of unified proficiency testing of all working examiners. Our bylaws are available for viewing.
Membership is open to anyone interested in the field of document examination who has never been convicted of a felony.
Become a member now. Download a membership application today.
Our members are expected to obtain continual training in the field of document examination through classes, seminars and independent study and research. We encourage members to take advantage of the resources offered on the this website and to conduct themselves professionally according to our Code of Ethics.
Benefits of membership
- Monthly interactive visual on-line training sessions via Zoom.us
- Access to recorded training sessions
- Annual conference held over the internet
- Access to recorded sessions from the conference for paid attendees
- Networking with fellow forensics examiners
- Annual journal
- Quarterly newsletter
- List server for asking questions of fellow members (this is an opt-in service)